Suspect on the run after fatal Brooklyn stabbing of pregnant cop girlfriend now sought for killing ex-wife

A fugitive already on the lam after the brutal Brooklyn stabbing death of his pregnant cop girlfriend is now wanted for killing his ex-wife upstate just two weeks later, authorities said Tuesday.

Timothy Taylor, 35, disappeared after Theresa Gregg was found dead by her twin daughters on May 13 inside the Williamsburg apartment she shared with the suspect.

But this past Sunday at 5:30 a.m., Schenectady police found the Brooklyn fugitive’s ex-wife Tishawn Folkes-Taylor dead inside her home. The victim died of trauma, police said, though the exact cause of death remains undetermined.

The incident was deemed a homicide and cops believe Taylor committed the killing while on the run from the earlier slaying.

“I was friends with her ex-husband,” said Schenectady neighbor Theresa Morris, 43. “I met him before I met her, actually. I would have never expected him to do such a thing.”

Of her three children, Morris said Folkes-Taylor had two with the suspect and that she described her former spouse as a schizophrenic.

“I was very shocked to hear about this other investigation going on,” said Morris. “It fits, because he went down there ... and the next thing you know, I’m seeing Tim’s name.”

If Folkes-Taylor died at her ex-husband’s hands, she would follow her sister in meeting a tragic end due to domestic violence — her sibling, Kalisha Bosier, was shot to death by her boyfriend in 2001 when she was only weeks away from giving birth.

“Her and her sister were beyond tight, they were like Batman and Robin,” said Ed Nelson, a childhood friend of Folkes-Taylor. “[Bosier’s murder] put a deep hole in her heart.”

Nelson said he met Folkes-Taylor after he transferred into Monsignor Scanlan High School in the Bronx as a sophomore. He remembered her as a kind, outgoing girl who made him feel at home in a new school.

“Tishawn welcomed me day one in that school,” Nelson said. “I didn’t know anyone. She embraced me, she loved me.”

Another high school classmate of Folkes-Taylor called the news of her murder “extremely devastating.”

“She was the kindest person ever. Birthdays, everything, she would make a point to wish you well,” said Jessica Vilomar, 44. “Nobody could be forgiven for this.”

Schenectady police on Tuesday released a photo of Taylor, who sports a tattoo on the left side of his neck, as a person of interest in that case. The U.S. Marshals Service was offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to his arrest.

A police source said Taylor fled to North Carolina at some point and that cops had developed probable cause to arrest him, meaning he will be charged with Gregg’s murder once in custody.

Gregg’s twin 14-year-old daughters, who went to bed to the sounds of the couple arguing the night before, found their mother dead with a bloody screwdriver alongside her body in the morning.

One teen called 911 while the other tried in vain to perform CPR on their pregnant mother. Gregg, 37, was a police officer with the Department of Homeless Services and about two months pregnant.

Gregg’s murder rattled her co-workers.

“This is an absolutely heartbreaking tragedy,” a Department of Homeless Services spokesperson said in a statement her slaying. “We are ever-grateful for Officer Gregg’s invaluable contributions and tireless dedication to serving and supporting vulnerable New Yorkers.”

Gregg’s daughters are “so beautiful, so respectful,” said JoHanna Hidalgo, 38, a teacher who lives one floor down from Gregg.

“Every morning I would see them,” Hidalgo said. They were in middle school. They’re twins so they would walk to school with their friends ... Those girls were so sweet.”